Back Pain Treatment in Boston
Back pain is a common physical complaint among adults in Boston. For people suffering from back pain, chiropractic care can help heal injuries. For people who suffer from chronic conditions, chiropractic care can help patients manage their pain.
Causes of Back Pain
Back pain can occur for many reasons, including:
- Accidents - Car accidents, sports accidents, and personal injury accidents can all cause disruption to the spine. When the vertebrae become misaligned, this can lead to a condition wherein the spinal cord becomes compressed against the vertebrae. This condition, known as a subluxation, can cause tingling, numbness, and pain in the back, shoulders, and extremities.
- Whiplash - Whiplash is a condition that occurs when the head is whipped forward or backward, often during a high-impact event like a car accident. Whiplash causes pain and tenderness in the spine, especially in the neck and upper back.
- Poor ergonomics - The way you hold your body while sitting, sleeping and doing everyday tasks can have a big impact on your spinal alignment. Poor ergonomics can cause strain on the muscles and joints of the body, leading to muscle aches and injury.
- Poor posture - Poor posture can lead to subluxations, aches, pains and disruption of the central nervous system.
Chiropractic Adjustments Relieve Back Pain
A chiropractic adjustment is a technique that chiropractors use to realign the vertebrae and restore proper functioning to the central nervous system. Spinal adjustment helps correct postural problems, speed the healing process and relieve compression on the spinal cord.
At Chiropractic & Sports Services of Boston, we offer spinal adjustment to almost all of our patients. This technique is key to improving patient health and managing patient pain. Spinal adjustments are done by hand or with tools, depending on the needs of the patient. This technique is safe and non-invasive, and often helps patients experience relief right away.
Additional Techniques To Treat Back Pain
Spinal adjustment is just one of many techniques we use to help our patients avoid back pain. Others include:
- Soft tissue treatment - Soft tissue treatment can be used to loosen tight muscles, reduce inflammation, improve blood flow and reduce adhesions from scar tissue. Soft tissue treatment can also be very helpful for patients who experience back pain as the result of stress and anxiety.
- Stretches and exercises -. We teach our patients how to do stretches and exercises that will improve their strength, mobility, and coordination. Stretches and exercise are especially helpful for patients who experience back pain as a result of sports injuries. As your sports chiropractor near Boston, we use stretches and exercises to treat a variety of conditions, including lower back pain and sciatica.
- Lifestyle advice - Lifestyle advice can help patients make improvements to their habits and behaviors to reduce problems like poor ergonomics.
Contact Our Boston Chiropractor Today!
As your chiropractor in Boston, we offer safe, healthy solutions for back pain problems. Whether you're suffering from a recent injury or chronic condition, our chiropractor at Chiropractic & Sports Services of Boston can help. To find out more, contact us today to make an appointment at 617-268-0333.